God is a Rock He is an Island

I've heard many times after awfulness has occurred in the world, "God works in mysterious ways." "God is testing your faith." Really? Is that the God you people believe in? Is God so emotionally insecure that he has to push people away constantly? He has to leave you before you leave him. Did he have a tough childhood? Did his parents abandon him at early age which led him to create this tough outer shell keeping people at arms length--forever, testing your loyality like a movie mafia boss. And only after you have endured his torture will you finally gain his trust. Of course he always loved you, he just has a really difficult time expressing it. Is this the God you subscribe to?

If the answer is yes, then let me be your god. I can be mean one minute and loving and kind the next. And without the messy earthquakes, well there will still be messy earthquakes but unlike your current god I won't take the credit. And I'll have a rational non-mysterious answer on why the messy earthquake happened.

When you pray to Rachael a threat of a baseball bat to the head is the worst you can expect from my wrath. I probably won't actually ever hit you in the head with the bat but I'll definitely threaten it. On the flip side, I won't save your premature baby, but I will listen to your troubles and unlike the other guy, I'll give you advice-- not cryptic advice written, for the masses thousands of years ago.

Also note that no one speaks for me but me. You'll know that I was pissed at you because I told you I was, or I'm being uber passive agressive, or I'm chasing you with a bat. I dont' need Pat Roberston speaking for me.

So if you're looking for an emotionally stunted god, but don't want the messy natural disasters, r the beuracratic red tape leave Yaweh behind and give me a try.

Comments

Anonymous said…
We need to talk!

Highlights