Adulthood

I look at my life at 32 and I don't know how I got here. When I was a child was this what I imagined? Well, no. I didn't have a clear vision of my future. As a child I had a horrible fear I would end up a dentist. Not that there is anything wrong with being a dentist, but I wanted to be a comedian, I didn't want to be a dentist. In my youth I loved looking at my teeth in the mirror. I spent minutes about minutes (perhaps not hours and a time) examining them. I thought somehow this fascination with my own teeth would lead down a slippery slope to dental school and then a dental practice. My nights were spent under the covers trying to figure out how to avoid this horrible fate I felt I was destined for.

It turns out an obsession with one's own teeth isn't an indication of dental interest but self-interest. In the end it looks like I was indeed destined to be a performer. Too bad, I could have used the money and stabilty of a dental practice.

Comments

Highlights