I Didn't Think These Two Were Related. Turns Out They Are

My best friend Anna is a single New York gal. She drew an analogy for me to better understand her singledom predictament.

Rachael, here's the deal. I'm like Anne Frank's older sister in the Play Anne Frank's diary. The Franks and that other family (the name escapes me) are living in the Dutch attic. Food rations are meager. At one point in the play all they have to eat is some slightly rotting kale. All the characters in the play, except for Anne's older sister, manage to choke down the slightly rotting kale because they have nothing else to eat. Anne's older sister is loosing weight daily. She's starving, and yet she still won't eat the vile, slightly rotting kale. Her mother pleads with her to eat the disgusting kale because that's all there is to eat. And yet Anne's older sister won't touch it.

Rachael, I am Anne's older sister. The slightly rotting kale are the gentleman callers I have to choose from. I am starving for sex and afffection, maybe even some romance, but I'm not eating the slightly rotting kale.


I suggested that Anna go out and get something else to eat. She responded, "I can't I'm stuck in the attic!"
----

Comments

The PC said…
I did not think it could be done, but here it is!
Anonymous said…
I would try to say something witty and intelligent to say, but, being slightly rotting kale, I'm at a loss for words. Except: eat me, Anna.
Irish and Jew said…
Brillant. I once used Anne of Green Gables as an analogy to describe my sex life. Too bad I can't remember for the life of me how that went.

~Irish

Highlights