Alaska the Ireland of North America

While I was in Ireland the natives frequently asked my opinion on the upcoming US Presidential Election. Most of the Irish that approached me didn't understand why Americans cared that Sara Palin's unwed 17 year old daughter was pregnant. Though, I don't agree with the Irish about Guiness I do agree with them on this one. Her daughter's inablity to use birthcontrol does not make Palin a hypocrite.

Sara Palin would be a hypocrite if at one point sponsored legislation that demanded unwed teenage mothers be executed. And then when her daughter became one she pardoned her. But Sara Palin did not do that. Instead she raised her daughter in Alaska where men out number women a some number to one ensuring her daughter would not graduate high school a virgin. Now that's a mom.

Comments

Highlights