Before Rogen There Was The King of Queens and Jackie Gleason

My friend Charles Star was quoted in an article in the NY Post inspired by the movie “Knocked Up.” The article (which you can read here) is a tongue and cheek article where the author feels this new movie will make it easier for “schlubby” men (their word not mine) to date and/or even bed hot girls. Until this article I didn’t know it was hard for schlubby men to score with hot women. My best friend Anna seems to have dated only less than desirable men her whole life. I've noticed the schlubs don’t have to be employed, or funny, or even smart. Sometimes they’re not ever 70% nice. I think I know the reason for this dating disparity. Men are right: women are stupid.

I’m waiting for the new story to break about the average to less than average looking gal landing the hot, sweet guy.

Comments

Unknown said…
Man, I hope the writer of that article came up with the idea. Otherwise I imagine an embarrassing scene where someone suggested, "Hey Max! You're not attractive--and that gives me an idea..."
I notice that a lot on television shows. The mother or wife is often a generally attractive woman and the husband is often less than average or frumpy. but maybe they are just illustrating men's tendency to be more visually stimulated than women. i certainly am hotter than my boyfriend. :)
rachael said…
Allison, that'd be awesome if the editor of the paper told the guy to write the article.

October,
I did bring up the men being more visual in an email to a friend. However, these men aren't just frumpy looking, but they are frequently unemployed, socially maladjusted, and emotionally stunted (with the exception of my friend charles, of course.)
Christina said…
Unemployed. Uneducated. Slobby. Overweight. Maladjusted all around. That's every guy I've ever dated and I'd like to think of myself as a hot property. So there. Happens all the time because girls have no standards when there aren't many single guys around.

Highlights