Dating Tip #Piping Hot off The Presses


I overheard some recite the following cliche to a friend, "If a person doesn’t love himself or herself they can't love anyone else." It sounds true enough.

From this proverb I have come up with dating advice for all the single ladies out there. I am a love guru because I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend Jack for nearly nine years. I recommend the single ladies get out a pen and paper and take notes.

Ladies, when looking for a man to be your boyfriend-or just a man to bed- find one that loves himself. Obviously, avoid the ones who don't love themselves because they'll never love you. They are incapable of love. The trick is finding a dude who loves himself. Spotting a man who loves himself is easy. All you have to do is think about how people in love act and then find a guy who is acting in that manner toward himself. I've compiled a short list of love signs.

1. I have found that people in love constantly talk about the object of their affection. For example, look at this blog. I'm constantly writing about my boyfriend Jack. Hell, I named my comedy-variety show after him. Why? Because I love him. Talking about him makes him more near somehow. It's the same with a man who loves himself. He will constantly talk about himself.

2. People in love, also, do things for their loved ones, like, planning vacations and surprise birthday parties. You're going to want to find a man who goes on vacation a lot and throws himself surprise birthday parties annually, or even monthly. That is quite surprising to be thrown a birthday party every month. Who would suspect the month after your birthday party to get another birthday party? Granted, you’d age more quickly, but parties are fun so it’s worth it. And, your man in love knows this.

3. People in love, like my friends Julie and Patrick, are very physically affectionate even in public where it's very inappropriate. I find it kind of annoying when I’m hanging out with them. I'm always thinking, "Um. I'm trying to have a conversation with you guys and your all over each other. Holding hands, stroking arms, lightly touching knees and thighs. (sigh) Jesus, get a room." A man in love with himself will be touching himself all the time as well, maybe even in public. Though, you might consider the public stroking inappropriate, it does make a man in love with himself easier to spot. Otherwise you'd have to spy on people to find out if they are constantly affectionate with themselves. Let's face it we're career girls we don't have that kind of time.

4. People in love also take bullets for one another. If you see a guy walk into a bullet to protect himself from the impending wound, you know he is a keeper.

There you have it four easy signs to tell if a man is in love with himself. The only catch to "catching" a gentleman in love with himself is that he probably won't cheat on himself with anyone. People in love commit to each other. So he might not actually go on a date with you. Honestly, you have to admire that quality in someone. On the other hand a man who doesn't love himself, he'll sleep around on himself. He'll make time for you over himself. He'll call himself to say he won't be home for dinner because he’s “working late” and then he'll sneak off to a movie with you. Or, he might not even bother to call himself at all and just go to that movie with you. Though, you’ll get to spend time with him he’ll never love you, unfortunately.

Comments

Nina Paley said…
I hope you know that even though we don't always comment, we do always read. And enjoy. Please keep 'em coming. Thanks.
rachael said…
Thanks, Nina. Really, thanks.
What if he’s so in love with himself he want himself to convert to his religion? He’ll argue with himself that he’s already the same religion. And then he’ll tell himself, “No conversion and we’re through”! That’s a huge dilemma, so it’s best not to get in the middle.
Anonymous said…
I'm a little disgruntled with dating at the moment.

I've had a year of unwanted attention from married men and a stream of disastrous dates has made me decide to stay single for a year.

I love your positivity and (I swear I'm not bitter and twisted), it's uplifting to feel the warmth from your relationship with Jack. He sounds so nice...;)

I decided to fictionalise my year and have begun to write it at as a semi autobiographical 'blook'

I know everyone is busy, but your warmth radiates from your posts - so please come over and massage the awful chat up lines that I have begun to acquire over there.

I'll definitely be back.

http://sophie-stayingsingle.blogspot.com

Highlights