Sometimes I Amaze Myself

I had an adventure while in Portland. My last day in the city of roses I decided to walked through a trendy neighborhood. I passed by a little boutique displaying an array of sundresses. I said to myself, "Yeah, I should go in. A sundress will do me good. I could use a little femming up." I walked in and noticed that the prices on these dresses were reasonable. I picked a few I thought were cute and headed into the dressing room to try them on. I tried on one dress after the other. None of them looked quite right on me. I came to the last dress, it had a brown and white checkered pattern and short little sleeves. That one didn't look good on me either so I took it off. Well, not exactly. I got stuck in the dress people. I couldn't get it off of me. I knew I shouldn't have gone shopping without my mom.

I wriggled. I wrangled. I twisted about. A good ten minutes passed. I had to get this dress off, it didn't look good enough on me to buy. I took a deep breath and stepped out of the dressing room. I exhaled looked at the female sales clerk and said, "Umm. Hee Hee. Uhh. I'm a stuck...in the dress...ha ha ha."

The sales clerk was very sweet about it. As she came into the dressing room with me she told me, "This dress is a little tricky. We have trouble getting it on and off the mannequins." She was a pro. She removed enough of the dress without actually revealing me so that I could get the dress off myself.

I got stuck in a dress, people. I'll never be a real, live girl.

Comments

Highlights