If This Post Were a Movie It would Be Rated R

I don't have a lot to write today so you can check out this thing I wrote for Gawker last week by clicking on the sentence you are now reading.
---
Last week I had a debate with a fellow on what counts as sex for the purposes of tallying the number of sexual partners a person has had in his or her life time. I say oral sex does not count. He argued that oral sex did count. I asked around and I found most women in there 20s and 30s agreed with me. However, when I asked my mother she agreed with the fellow. To which I proudly responded, "Oh well, then my numbers go way up." My mother slightly disgusted said, "Ugh. Why? What do you get out of it?" I told her, "Trust me. They're not getting much out of it either."

The joke should end there, but I have to ruin it with my opinion. What a woman gets out of giving a oral sex is receiving oral sex. Also there are women who enjoy the deed. And of course if you actually like a dude, you might want to do something nice for him, you know like cook him dinner, buy him the complete works of Shakespeare, give him head-- whatever.
---
The benefits to having sex where no one comes, you don't have to wash your sheets.

Comments

Christina said…
Oral sex is so not sex.
Nina Paley said…
Oral contracts, oral herpes, Oral Roberts: these are not sex. But oral sex is sex.

Highlights