Kids

I travelled to Connecticut to celebrate Mother's Day with my mother and her nieces who are all now mothers themselves. One of the little children was kind of cranky and was sporting a bit of an attitude. One of the parents said, "Oh he's just tired." This annoyed me. "He's tired. He's tired. Was he out all night drinking and dancing until 3am? Only, then to have to get up at 8:30am in order to travel two hours to Connecticut? Did he have to sit in a hedge fund office in uncomfortable clothes all day for a week and then stay up way too late pursuing a pipe dream? Tired. If he were tired he wouldn't have the energy to be cranky."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Rachael,
Glad I read this post...what the hell is a hedge fund?! I edited two business stories today that were all about hedge funds and not one of them explained what the hell they are. It's not even one of those terms where you can kind of figure it out from the title or context. I'm guessing it's not about bushes. Is it like hedging a bet...I don't even know how to hedge? All I know is hedge fund managers can't advertise so they have to be creative about drumming up business. Which must be why you mentioned it in your blob...subliminal messaging. Nice.

Highlights