Do I have to Spoon Feed You the Answer?

I tried getting into a museum for a student price. I showed my 10-year-old college ID to the money-collecting woman. She looked at my ID and said this expired. I protested slightly, but knew I had been caught so I let it go. Then, all offended, she asks me, "Why would you lie?" What kind of stupid question is that? "Why would I lie?" To pay less money. A better question would have been, "Why wouldn't you want to pay full price and support the museum and the culture held within it?" And then I would have had to admit, "Because I'm a cheap soulless creature." Which is not something she could have necessarily rationally deducted.

Comments

K. said…
Then, all offended, she asks me, "Why would you lie?" What kind of stupid question is that? "Why would I lie?" To pay less money.

For some reason that I can't explain, this had me laughing harder than usual at your sense of humor. Funny story. Perhaps I like it so much because I still use my old college ID too. But there is no expiration date on mine, so theoretically, I could use it until I am eligible for the Senior Citizens discount.
Anonymous said…
what killed me is that my ID doesn't have any dates on it either, but still she knew.
K. said…
That makes it even funnier!!

Highlights