Excerpt

Funniest part of the piece I read last night:


...Next thing you know it’s friggin’ Christmas Eve. Me and my Portland pals are on our way to my aunt’s house in NJ for Christmas Eve. My grandfather arrives sporting his new, “pity me” eye-patch, "Those son's a bitches blinded me". Instead of pity my family makes pirate noises behind his back all night. My father’s youngest sister comes dressed in hospital scrubs. No, she’s not a nurse, or a doctor. In fact she doesn’t work in a hospital at all. She’s in school for medical billing. And when I say in school, I mean taking courses over the internet. My grandmother’s telling my friends dirty jokes. And we’re all getting drunk. Welcome Oregonians, to a typical Italian/American NJ Christmas. Have another 12 pounds of pasta.

Comments

Highlights