What I Worry About

I don't know that I'm actually high strung as previously posted. Certain things get to me while others things roll off my back as if my back were made of the material that coats windshields, so the rain beads up and rolls away, which may explain why my back has been feeling stiff lately. Example, I may or may not have handed the lease to my apartment in on time. Which means I might have to find a place to live in two weeks or have a court battle on my hand. Oopsy. And oopsy is the extent of my concern. This is only the second time I've thought about my possible plight. This past week at work I've taken lunches that have exceeded an hour and half. It never crossed my mind that I could get caught and fired. Further, there wasn't much concern if I did get fired.

Meanwhile, Jack's voice and tone was weird when we spoke on the phone today. I kind of lost it and called 7 friends. Yes, seven different people to try to decode the meaning of his unusual vocal quality. If Jack doesn't love me I'll still have food, shelter and clothing. All I won't have is Jack, and that won't kill me. And yet, that is what I waste my energy on. He could just be coming down with a cold for god's sake.

Comments

Highlights