More Advice for the Ladies

Listen, women--I mean, read, women. Do not go and sleep with a guy unless he wines and dines you; unless he begs and cajoles you; unless he puts superhuman effort into bedding you. If he does those things then you may partake in the sex.

No, I have not just stepped out of a time machine from 1870. The fact is all men hate themselves. And so if you sleep with one merely because you like him or find him attractive they will think something is very wrong with you and probably won't bother putting much effort into the sex. Why should he? You're the freak that likes him. Weirdo. However, if you make him work for it, buy you things, take you places, compliment you, pretend to listen to what you are saying, then he'll say to himself "I've tricked her into liking my sorry ass. She's sleeping with me because I've worked."

OK not all men are self-haters, perhaps it's just the men I know. I'm sure if you find a guy who isn't an actor, or muscian, or comdian or a writer, or a painter, you probably could just sleep with that fellow solely on the basis of attraction or affinity. For example, if you met an accountant. Accountants probably like themselves. They save people money. I'm sure they say to themselves at the end of day, "I just got the government to give people their money back. Gee, I'm a swell guy. A girl would do alright to date me. Or even have a one night stand."

So I guess I'm saying (pardon--typing) that you shouldn't sleep with men that I know.

Comments

rachael said…
OK. I'll rephrase, you shouldn't sleep with the men I know with the exception of Simon.
Jenspresso said…
Rachael, I love this post. I think many men do have a bad case of "I wouldn't want to be part of any club that would have me as a member."

Highlights