"I love a guy with a good sense of humor." Really?

As I listened to Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash sing about the "Girl of the North Country Fair" over and over and over again this weekend I realized why some people consider stand-up comedy a lesser art form than every other art form, with the exception of mime. Stand-up comedy is not going to get you laid. It's not going to help you win the girl back. Meanwhile, every other type of artist can use their talents to help their heart, or their groin. A muscian can write a beautiful heartfelt song, a painter can paint a portrait, a poet write a poem, a welder weld a monument--fucking impressive. Hell, artists can even help other non-artist get the girl. I'm sure many a sorority sister was wooed when a frat boy popped in John Mayer's "Your body is a Wonderland." And that's not even a good song. Nor is it sincere. But the comic--NO!

Picture it:

Hey, Melissa I wrote a joke about how I think your zit cream is sexy. Maybe we could go out sometime.

Hey, Jane I just wrote five minutes on your sexual inadequacies and it killed tonight. They loved it. You're a hit. You're my muse. Take me back. What do you say?


Comments

Jammu said…
Nice site. Funny too!
anne altman said…
word big bird. the funny girl never gets the worm. i mean, man. they are attracted to her, but they be a-scared.

it's tragic.

Highlights