Skip the Fantasy Fantastic

I have this fantasy about Jack. He steps out of the shower towels off and then...puts on a really smart looking high thread count suit with a vibrant maroon button down. Next, I saddle up next to him wearing an elegant yet sexy dress that reaches the floor. In my fantasy I am able to walk in high heal shoes and the shoes are comfortable.

We take our fine looking selves to the premiere of the movie version of my one woman show. The walkway is perfectly lit flattering our garments. Just before we head inside Jack runs his fingers through his hair with casual boyish charm. The after premiere party serves eggplant and has an ice cream sundae bar--classy. And then that's it.

I was reminded of this fantasy yesterday when I saw a fellow comedian in a dark purple button down shirt. I told the comic I had a fantasy of my boyfriend wearing a similar shirt. He looked taken aback. He said, "That's the difference between men and women. You all fantasize about clothes, we fantasize about sex." I told him that I fantasize about sex all the time, except then I tell Jack and we make it happen. The thing with the outfits is, we both hate dressing up, and I haven't even begun to write the one woman show.

Comments

Highlights