I'm no Amateur

This past weekend I travelled to Newport Center, Vermont to perform 40 minutes of stand-up comedy. After my set I received a sum of money for my efforts. I thought to myself that I'm once again a semi-professional comedian. Then I realized that the amount of money I've made from comedy sinced returning to the east coast has not been half my annual income. Since "semi" means half I have work to do. So I plan on trying to cut back on making money from other type of jobs. If I can reduce my income from non-comedy related jobs to double what I make from comedy I then can be a semi-professional comedian.

My first act: I will not show up to move computers tomorrow. If I don't show up they won't pay me. If the don't pay me I've just made that much less money from non-comedy activities.

Comments

Highlights