They Left Their Dining Room Furniture Behind In Egypt.

For the first time I hosted a Passover Seder. In the tradition of my interfaith-married family I had more gentiles than Jews present. I have been to many seders over the years, but hosting my own taught me a valuable lesson. It turns out if you host the seder you get to sit at the adult table. After thirty years as a Jew I finally sat at the adult table. Only problem is that I'm hardly an adult. My dining room table was a coffee table located in the living room, which I extened by placing a non-used closet door atop it. Seven "adults" had to sit on the floor as we read from the one hagadah we had that we assembled with a glue stick.

It was nice to find out that their is just as much wine imbibing at the adult table as there is at the kid's table. (Mind you in my family due to the long lives of the elders the kid's table is made up of 30somethings and their offspring.).

Comments

Anonymous said…
My dining room table was a coffee table located in the living room, which I extened by placing a non-used closet door atop it. Seven "adults" had to sit on the floor as we read from the one hagadah we had that we assembled with a glue stick.Family rooms with the family eating in the kitchen have long become passé, and the eating space is redefined as the dining room furniture. A dining room is not just a place for the family to congregate to eat, but also to entertain, and throw formal dinner. Furniturehomedelivery.com

Highlights