Back to the Present.

Yesterday I enjoyed Spring's long waited arrival with a walk through Brooklyn.

On my journey I passed this particular Haagen Daz in Brooklyn Heights.

As I passed by I remembered I had patronized this establishment seven years ago on a date with a fella named Andrew. We had walked over the Brooklyn Bridge on a beautiful summer night and then down the Esplanade to this ice cream provaier (sp). I had the chocolate mint chip. This was back when Haagen Daz still offered this flavor. It's different from most other chocolate mint combos in that the chips were mint flavored while the ice cream was chocolate. Wild. I know.

Anyway, some people say I live in the past. Those people are correct. Some of those some people say That by living in the past I miss out on the present, those people should be slapped with a leather glove for their short-sightedness. I completely experience the present--once the present becomes the past.

In a few weeks my one year anniversary of my trip to Japan will be thrust upon us. I'm really looking forward to enjoying this trip. Actually, I'm looking toward the future to live in the past. A couple of weeks after my Japan trip anniversary will be onto Anna's anniversary of the day she got back together with that fellow folksinger no one seems to like. I can't wait to finally talk her out of redating him. Which is the best advice because it didn't work any better the second time. But if I had given her that advice a year ago I would not have had the confidence it's correctness. But now as a year has gone by I can see clearly that she should not have redated him last May. And that's a real benefit of living in the past. That and you're a younger than everyone else, yet wiser. How crazy is that shit?

Comments

Will McKinley said…
Speaking of the past...

For the benfit of your newer readers can you explain the name of your blog?
Anonymous said…
purveyor, I believe is the word you are looking for.
rachael said…
Anon, yes that was the word I was looking for. I tried using spell check but my guess was so far off that it just kept giving me provider as an option. Thanks for the help.

Highlights