Here Comes the Bride.

Last week my best friend Anna came running into the bar and announced she was getting married.

"Anna, that's awesome. Who are you marrying?" I asked. I wasn't aware that she was dating anyone nevermind on her way to an engagement.
"Remember back a couple of years when I lived in San Fransisco? I was in that band, 'Bunny Bunnerstein and the Lumberjack.' I got on really well with one of the dudes in the band, Brian. We had the best conversations ever and he was cute, and smart. We never got around to dating because I wound up moving to New York with you and he relocated to Vancouver. We kept in touch for a few months, but we eventually lost touch. Well, I sent him an email which he responded to the next day. We are totally getting married."

"Did he confess feelings for you?" I inquired.
"Yeah, he wrote he was glad to hear from me and we should do a better job keeping in touch."
"Uhh. Did he say he was moving East anytime soon?"
"No. I figure we'll have to compromise and move to Seattle or Chicago at somepoint."
"Sure enough. Umm Anna? Did he say he was looking to move?"
"No. He said he pretty much sees himself staying in Vancouver for the foreseeable future."
"When are you guys getting married?"
"Oh at somepoint in the future. I've never been more relaxed of comfortable with someone I had a romantic interest in so I must marry him."
"Does he know you plan to marry him?"
"What does he need to know that for? It's just nice to have my romantic life settled. We'll get married when the logistics work themselves out. What's with all the questions? Can't we celebrate my impending nuptials? Gosh, Rach you're such a buzz kill."
"I'm sorry. Congratulations. May you have a long happy life together whenever you eventually possibly get married."
----
Thanks to Anna and everyone else who came out last night to "Slap Your Knees Off" we packed the house. Thanks to Jess, Charles, Will, and Daniel who all were friggin hysterical. For those of you who couldn't make it, I've updated my performance calander with the rest of my dates for March.

Comments

Will McKinley said…
Let me say also that one Ms. Rachael Parenta was also friggin hysterical, and a joy to work with.

Most of the time standup comedy is soul-crushing slog through the mire of mediocrity. But every once in a rare while, standup comedy is actually fun.

Thanks to Rachel and her parents and all the gang from Jersey who choose our little comedy show over "The Sopranos."
Jstine said…
"her parents..."? A joke, right? (Name: Parenta???) Or maybe not!

Cheers, Justine
devifemme.livejournal.com/

Highlights