I am Actually the President of Non-Profit Theatre Company

I had a phone interview for some company that trades in intellectual property. I think that's what they do. I'm not exactly sure because I really wasn't listening to the temp agency when they described the company or the position. All I heard was $18/hr, 9-5, off the 2 & 3 trains. The company also sounded like it had internet access with unrestricted browsing capabilties, perfect I can send and receive personal emails, research comedy and theatre gigs, and stalk Gabriel Byrne, plus $18/hr means I can buy chipwhichs any time I want. Thus far I've had to budget for them.

In the interview the one dude asked me if, after graduation from college, I had seen myself doing administrative work post college. I thought about it a second and answered, "Yes, as a little girl I always dreamt of being a secretary. I found the sitting at a desk all day in school thoroughly enjoyable and wanted to ensure that I could continue the fun into adulthood. I've always been skinny and wanted a career that would help me get that ass-spread which is all the rage in America these days." I bet he asked that question because he read on my resume that I graduated college with a BFA in Acting. And everyone knows Acting students have high hopes of entering the food service industry upon graduation. Well, not this rebel.

He told me they want someone who's going to stick around for at least two years. Perfect. In two years I'll be thirty and right where I've always wanted to be.

I don't know what I was thinking, it must have been my checking account balance. Whatever it was it threw me because I wound up not blowing the interview. They want me to come in for a face to face interview. I guess I can always get fired in 3 months.

Comments

Highlights