Can you tell I don't have Cable?

Jack came over the other night to hang out.

Oh yeah, that's right I never told you guys, Jack found a place and moved out. He's the luckiest boy ever. He has a 1200 sq ft. two-bedroom apartment in Park Slope, Brooklyn for $300 a month. Completely renovated!!! And not fake Park Slope at 3rd avenue and gunfire but right in the heart of strollerville at 7th Ave and Union street. (For those of you who live in the middle of the country this is an unbelievable deal-- too good to be true.) We did discuss the option of us both moving into this place, but I don't know that we are ready to move into together, I don't care how good the real-estate deal is. There is always next year or the year after that or the year after that, as he signed a 5 year lease. We'll see. Life is long and there's no need to rush anything. It's funny for $50 more a month he could have rented a one-bedroom in Union square, but he wanted to be closer to me. I know I have the best boyfriend ever. Sorry peeps the Union Square place is gone. We told Anna about as soon as we heard, but even she was too late.

Anyhoo Jack came over to my place. I know he's got the amazing pad, but my roommates have been out of town for the last couple of weeks and we wanted to revel in their lack of presence. One of my favorite things in life is to lounge on the couch with Jack. While loafing we caught a glimpse of that show "Beauty and the Geek" In passing I mentioned that these guys don't seem so awful to date. Most of them seemed amiable, smart, and not unattractive. OK, there were a couple of guys who were unattractive, but the rest of them were fine looking, I don't mean FINE as if I were a large black woman, but fine as in completely acceptable.

Well, Jack flipped out, "Is that what you find attractive? Is that who I am to you some geeky geeked out Geeker McGeekerson?!"
"First off, honey you're not Scottish, so I don't know how you'd be able to be a McGeekerson. And secondly, you're hot--I'd even say Fine. Not only would I say the italicized fine I'd say it while doing a little head wobble and lasso snap. "
"Oh. So you're the geek in this relationship."
"How could you be a geek with that wit?"
"Hardy Har."
"Now sit back down so I can put my head back on your chest."

Then we changed the channel and watched "House." A show about a cynical, drug abusing, sarcastic, middle-aged doctor. Now he's attractive--Yum! But I'm a quick study and kept my mouth shut.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I agree about the geeks being not hideous. But also, some of the "beauties"? I want to say to them, "You're not nearly beautiful enough to be that ignorant."

Highlights