Self Promoting not My Bag!

I have an electronic mailing list. I send out notices about once a month to inform those who requested info on my performing where abouts where about I'm performing. Most people on my electronic mailing list are males who I've met in social situations. Instead of asking me out on a date they instead ask, "Where are you performing? Put me on your mailing list?" Which I do.

Here's where I fail as a self promoter. Last night I did a show at Mo' Pitkins. The producer of the show asked me to get the word out on the street about the show. So I sent off an emergency, last minute mass email to the contacts on my electronic mailing list. Here is an excerpt of my message regarding the show, "... Also did I mention the bartender is Hotty Hot Hot. Hot. Like Gabriel Byrne hot except younger like 30 years younger and in incredible shape. He's hot. So come on down to the free comedy show." Needless to say none of my electronic mailing list people stopped by. However, today I did recieve an invitation for drinks to ring in 2006. Here's an excerpt of my response to the invite. "I'm on the wagon!!! I can't believe you would ask me to drink alcohol with you. And by the way you might want to look at your own drinking habits. You are an alcoholic. Ever since I started the program I've been able to spot an alcohol abuser a mile away. Turns out most people on the planet are alcoholics...." See I'm a comedian and I figured if they were unable to attend a show I should bring the show to them. Do you think he knew I was kidding?

Comments

Highlights