She's Happy about It

My best friend Anna called me this afternoon ecstatic. She elated through the phone, "It quit. It's given up. Finally, my libido has packed it in. Retired. Realizing there's no work, the company has gone under, it's cashed out it's 401K, retired to sunny Florida, and gone fishing! Woo hoo!"

I questioned, "This is a good thing?"
"You better believe it. For months and months all I could do was think about sex and I wasn't getting any. The constant thoughts keept my up at night. As much as the thoughts were pleasurable the whole thing was torture. But the last couple of days and nights I have been able to think about other things. About songs, and traveling to Egypt."

"You're going to Egypt?"
"No, but I'd love to go. And until this week I never knew that."
"I guess this is quite a break through."
"Yeah. I'm scared to date ever again, because I think relations with a boy might bring old libido back from the shores of menapause."
"You're only 29."
"Rachael, it's a metaphor, come on."
"Right. But are you sure you don't want to date."
"Well, If I date again I'll make sure to wrassle me up a fuck buddy to wait in the wings, for the inevitable break up."
"Well, there's a positive attitude."

Comments

Highlights