Like Dating a Boy

I got fired from my temp job last night. No, I didn't like the job, but it sucks anyway. Kind of like when a boy, who you weren't that into, breaks up with you.

"You're breaking up with me? YOU, breaking up with ME? Who are you to break up with me? So what if I'm a ball of apathy. Yeah big deal I make long distance phone calls on your phone and play free cell instead of going down on you. You get the feeling I don't like you that much. OK maybe I don't, but I really like the meals and a place to sleep.

And then if that wasn't enough. The gym called today to inform that due to poor attendance of their kickboxing class I wouldn't be subbing the next few weeks for which I had been scheduled. I explained to her the last time I subbed that class in October the people really enjoyed the class. She said she knew it wasn't me, but they had to hire a heavy hitter to try to remedy the situation. This one is kind of like getting dumped by a guy who you do like but weren't really dating.

Him: "Listen, you're great, well maybe you're not. I really don't know, but I know I want something else. Sure, I haven't given you a chance. But why should I waste my time? I know we haven't gone on date ever so perhaps this conversation isn't really warranted, but better to be safe than sorry. It's not you. Not that it's me. No. It's defintely not me. Maybe it's us."

And putting these two situations back to back is like you're dating a boy; and, that boy is the universe; and, the universe punches you in the stomach really hard; and then says, "I had to punch you in the stomach because you're going to have no money for food, and I don't want you to feel hunger pains."

Comments

That is three-point reasoning at its finest.

Highlights