Blame it on My Parents

My parents were two of the many audience members in attendence of the "I Love Jack" show last night. That's right, people, I finally got humans to show up, watch, and laugh at this show. All I had to do was curse god, and move the location and day of the week. Here's my point. As I saw my parents sit in the back of Guero bar on Avenue A I realized they've ruined me. Why? Because despite the abuse and hostility I frequently hurl their way, they still love and support me. Yeah. they forgive me and come back for more.

This has two negative effects. One, from time to time I abuse other people who seem to care about me and then expect them to also forgive. The good, loving ones do. Two, people abuse me and disappoint me again and again and again. And what do I do? Forgive them so they can just do it again and I can cry on the floor of my bathroom at two in the morning? Why? Because that's what I learned from my parents. Those bastards.

Comments

Highlights