Show Tonight 8pm


Hey, you'll want to meet my boyfriend Jack? Well, you best come to the show tonight because he's going to be there. Why? Because he loves me and supports me and my artistic endeavors. Duh. Plus, the show is named after my love for him. So he'd be a real dick if he didn't plan on coming out. That's like not ordering the sandwhich named after you at some broadway diner. I dream of a day when there's a sandwhich called Rachael's boyfriend Jack. I think it'll be an egglplant parm. sandwhich, or better yet an ice cream sandwhich with chocolate chip cookies enveloping the ice cream. Yeah. When they name a sandwhich after my boyfriend he'll be too famous and possibly pompous for you to meet. Then you'll be kicking yourself. "I should have gone to the 'I Love Jack' show." If I were you I wouldn't want to kick myself because I have 3rd degree black belt in karate and I'd kick my own ass. My figurative ass I don't have the stretch to kick my literal ass.

What would you rather do sit at home watching crappy tv or come out to the East Village, take in a variety show, and have the chance to chat with the best boyfriend ever?

Maybe you're not a fan of my boyfriend Jack. Well we have so much more. This installment of the best live 194os style radio show with completely contemporary material has Mike Chmiel as the announcer (he has a graduate degree and he's been seen at UCB the PIT, New York Comedy Club. He also got free tickets to see professional lacrosse at Madison Square Garden. He took me and two other guys who had no interest in having sex with me. Which is fine because I have great fantastic boyfriend. Mike got the tickets from a lady who patronized his cab. That's right he drives a cab. That's what he does with his multiple degrees.) If you could careless about Mike we have the downtown, sensation musical-act The Manson Family Singers. Plus, Emerson Alum and designer of the above flyers Jesse Post spinning the best soul, lounge and hip hop music around. And that's not all. We have James Caye Henderson who will tap dance right into your heart with his tap dancing. James Caye unplugs computers with me sometimes. Also on the show is recently divorced stand-up comedian Chris Laker. His jokes about this personal tragedy are actually hysterical. All for the bargain basement price of $2. How could you not go? I'm sure you have execuses like, "I live in San Fransico." Well, you should have booked your flight a month ago. Now get online and purchase your Jet Blue ticket before I punch you. If you need a place to stay you can sleep on the pull-out in my apartment. Now what's your execuse?

8pm
Julep Bar 9 Avenue A (downstairs)
Be there or be a dick.

Comments

Highlights