Trust Me: This is Littered with Errors Read at Your Own Risk

First let me rectify a blog roll oversight. Even though I'm awesome, I do sometimes forget to do things like add people to my links and shit. If you guys dig cool animation check out nina paley.
--
I learned a valuable lesson yesterday. Apparently, if a person can not spell and is creative with English grammar rules that person is forbidden to proclaim their superiority. Even if that person never specifies where his/her superiority lies. It would be one thing if I shouted to the world, "I'm the world's best speller." I could see people getting peeved. Actually, I can't. Wouldn't that just be funny? Funnier if I was earnest in my statement.
---
Whatever, let's talk about fat people. I think it's unfair that if a person gains 100s of pounds and then loses those pounds that they get all this praise. What about those of us who never gained the weight in the first place? Where are our accolades? Where's our reality show "The Best Maintainer?" And what about those bulimics and anorexics? They lose weight they actually need. That's even harder than losing excess weight. That's risk taking behavior. Obese people are playing it safe, losing weight, extending their lives, while the already skinny who have dedicate themselves to weight loss are going out on a limb. The more weight they lose the more likely they'll die young. They're like the cliff divers of dieting.

I think the only people who should get constant praise for fixing their life's mistake are murders and armed robbers. I want them to feel good about not killing anymore. I think everyday that a former murderer does not kill someone they should get a piece of chocolate. I don't think the formerly obese people should be given the chocolate for keeping the weight off. That's for sure.

Comments

Anonymous said…
OK, I just have to say one more thing after seeing the debate following my little spelling correction. Sure, it's entirely possible to be funny - or proclaim your superiority, ironically or otherwise - in a blog "riddled with typos." But I think you'll find if you take a look at, say, the stuff Nina Paley writes online (she fucking rocks, I totally agree), or the dialogue in her comics, you're not gonna find lazy spelling errors. Nobody's perfect, but proofreading doesn't take long, and lame spelling mistakes (say, "loose" instead of "lose") make one look less smart and, thus, less funny.
rachael said…
8:54am Anon,
Why do you keep reading my blog? If you think I'm an idiot and unfunny (though, funny shouldn't be the only requirement for something to be read.) why do you subject yourself to the blog. No one is forcing it on you. I'll tell you this. I don't like aspargus. Since I moved out of my parents' house I stopped eating. Why? Because I hate it and I'm an adult and don't have to eat it.

Why does it matter to you if I'm unintelligent? I'm not your boss, I'm not the president, I'm not your blind date.

Bookmark Nina's blog, go to her screening on the 15th, and leave me the fuck alone.
Christina said…
Grammar only matters if you're noncreative and not witty. You are creative and witty and you have a way with words and you're crafty and intelligent so you are allowed to break the rules of grammar. That's from an english professor and yes I just spelled a proper noun with a little e so there. As for the anonymous fuckwad, now he/she/it needs to use correct grammar because he/she/it is a fuckwad.

Highlights